Sunday 21 February 2016

My London Fashion Week Internship

So after a very busy weekend, I am finally getting round to telling you all about my exciting internship in London which I have been doing for the past four days during London Fashion Week. This was my very first internship therefore, I was extremely excited to get an insight into the fashion industry because one day I hope to get a job in fashion and it is always great to get experience because it fills you with realistic knowledge about the workplace. I gained so much experience within different areas across the weekend and I am so grateful to have gained such an opportunity, especially in my first year of university as I am still unsure about what route I would like to go down.

My internship was with the bespoke Bridal company, 'Hermione de Paula' and consisted of working as an assistant in the designer's showroom at the W Hotel in Leicester Square during London Fashion Week. Throughout my role, I got the chance to work alongside the designer Hermione, set up the showroom installation (which took a whole day, but I am sure when you see the photograph, you will agree that taking so long was worth it) PR responsibilities, doing errand's around London such as pick ups and purchases, visually displaying the designer's garments and ensuring that the guests had the best experience at the showroom possible! I also was graced with the uniform of one of Hermione's decorative kimonos which range in colours from red to pink to black to blue. Obviously over the past four days I alternated to experience all the different colours!


Hermione de Paula's Kimono's



The showroom was set out to replicate the brand concept and values that Hermione de Paula has obtained for the past eight years. Therefore, the room epitomized a vision of romance, English sensuality and a collaboration of life and art which as a creative is exactly what Hermione sets out to achieve with every personal couture garment that she creates. Each garment that Hermione creates, she communicates a narrative based on magical realism and whimsical luxury providing her customer's with dresses fit for those who adore intricate detail and timeless florals.

Hermione de Paula's flower print lingerie sets 





Hermione de Paul bridal couture gown (worn by intern, Francesca) 



Take a look around Hermione de Paula's Showroom at the W Hotel in Leicester Square, London in my photographs.








Hermione de Paula also shared the showroom with the brand 'Cult of Treehouse' who provided the guest with their floral Kombucha beverages and the catering brand 'Meringue M' Lord' provided delicates such as meringues, cream and fruits for the perfect afternoon tea whilst guests relaxed in the showroom. 



Adding on, during my internship I also got the opportunity to meet the lovely fashion blogger and star of Made in Chelsea, Tiffany Watson who paid a visit to the showroom to take a look at Hermione's work!!

Overall, I could not thank Hermione and Lucy (the creative director and manager of the brand) enough for giving me this fabulous opportunity to work with them on their 2016 LFW event and I have gained some great knowledge and skills to take on board when it comes to my own career in fashion in the future.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KATE FERGUSON. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig