Friday 27 May 2016

Start of a new adventure: My Summer Internship

Hello everyone! So today's post is a little different to the others I have been previously writing which have either concerned the latest news within media and fashion or tributes to some of the best creatives that have ever contributed to the industry. As for this post, it is a short one about something that will be going on in my life over the next few months which I am extremely excited to share with you all!!

As of Monday 13th June I will be starting my very first fashion internship in the industry which will last for just over three months. As you may have read throughout my blog, I have taken on various other work experience roles such as showroom assisting, styling and interning for London Fashion Week over the past year, which have all given me a first hand experience of what it is really like to work within the creative industry. However, this time, I will actually be taking on the role of 'Editorial Intern' and working 'e-commercially' for a brand called Jules B which was founded and is ran in the North East of England in Newcastle Upon Tyne by husband and wife, Julian and Rhona Blades. Anyone who knows me will know that this is possibly my dream internship to do because not only do I get to do it locally and close to my hometown but also I have always been extremely interested in working on the online E-Commerce side of fashion and within areas concerning journalism, blogging (obviously), buying and product merchandising. I would say that creative writing and fashion marketing are something I take very seriously and I am always looking to expand my skills within these areas. Therefore, hopefully this internship will allow me to do so!


Furthermore, excitingly my internship lasts for a whole three months therefore, I look forward to learning a great deal of knowledge and understanding which will give me a stronger basis of skills for working with the fashion industry. All in all I am just super grateful to have been selected to take part in such an amazing opportunity and I can't wait to start the new adventure!! I will keep you all posted about how I am getting on along the way and a clear outline of what I will be doing once I start the internship!

Thanks for reading!

Kate x


Just a quick little bit about Jules B as a brand before you go...

Jules B have been dressing stylish men and women for over 30 years. Julian and Rhona Blades opened their first Jules B store in Jesmond just outside the city centre of Newcastle-upon-Tyne in the North-east of England in 1984. Along with their own clothing range, the brand also stocks world renowned fashion houses and designers for men and women including Vivienne Westwood, McQ Alexander McQueen, Hugo Boss, Paul Smith, Barbour, Canada Goose, Alexander Wang and Armani Jeans to name only a few!

Furthermore, the brand has also won the Drapers Magazine coveted title of ‘Best Independent Fashion Store’ an impressive four times. Therefore, this makes me even more excited to be interning for such a successful and credited brand within the industry!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KATE FERGUSON. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig