Monday 18 April 2016

Photoshoot edit: Vogue Italia March 2016

After looking into fashion photoshoots this week in preparation for my upcoming shoot for Second Skin fragrance, I thought I would explore some recent editorials within some of my favourite fashion magazines. Since I am a follower of everything Vogue, I thought it would only be appropriate to discuss a photoshoot in the May edition of Vogue Italia which was photographed by the legendary and visionary photographer Steven Meisel. This editorial will without a doubt be one of my favourites for a very long time due to it's aesthetically pleasing and classic artistic approach to fashion.

Although I do not purchase Vogue Italia as much as I buy the British version, I still enjoy seeing how the Italian editor in chief, Frances Sozzani responds to current fashion trends and the editorials that she includes within the magazine. Clearly in this case, Sozzani and Meisel have came together to channel a great representation of historical beauty and cultural references throughout to symbolise Spring Romanticism in fashion.

Without Borders (March 2016)
On first glance of the editorial, it is noticeable that each photograph appears more like a painting than a photograph adding to the authenticity of the shoot. One thing I really admired about the shoot was the idea that it combines past historical fashion with a modernistic 21st century styling to create a sense of nostalgia and subliminal story throughout. Styled by Olivier Rizzo with makeup by Pat McGrath and hair by Guido communicates retro, miscellaneous and contemporary messages in an expressionistic way which is especially signified by the strong use of complex colours. Throughout the editorial, as viewers we see rich hues of orange, red and green which arguably represents the emotion behind the narrative of the shoot and the boldness that can be created by channelling both  art and fashion.












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KATE FERGUSON. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig