Thursday 21 January 2016

New York Minutes: What I was wearing (OOTD)


NYC STREET STYLE

My New York City Outfits of the Day.
Details to purchase will all be included :) x

So after being inspired by the Wanderlust girls last week, I thought I would start to share more of my personal style on my blog.

Many of the pieces I am wearing in these shots overlap throughout my outfits. Some may even say this is a 'different ways to wear a green faux fur coat' look book but my bag allowance was just 20kg, meaning that I could not bring my whole wardrobe away with me (if only that was possible, I know) and my different winter coats! But hopefully you enjoy my four different outfit combinations across the span of the trip. Thanks for reading!


LOOK 1: Vintage Comfort

For my first outfit of the week, I opted for something quite casual and suitable for the crisp New York weather. I also wanted to put together an outfit which would be comfortable, as I knew we were going to be having an extremely long day and in these situations, there is nothing better than a slouchy oversized vintage jumper, skinny jeans and a cosy fur coat like the one I am wearing. I was also wearing a knitted black bobble hat and gloves, but the outfit looks just as good with or without!






Coat: Primark
Jumper: Vintage store down Brick Lane
Jeans: H&M
Boots: Topshop

LOOK 2: Emerald 70's

As for my Wednesday look, we were heading for a girls day of shopping in Soho, the Top of the Rock then ending the evening in Giovanni Rana's in Chelsea Market. So I thought I would go for something a little bit dressier for this rare occasion. However, to dress the outfit down, I wore my trademark old military boots from Topshop for a shabby yet sophisticated look. The dress I am wearing also provided a 70's flare due to its bold geometric pattern, high neck and shift silhouette.

 

Dress: Zara
Coat: Primark
Boots: Topshop
Sunglasses: Festival Specs
(Look at my 'Old Spitalfield Market and Brick Lane' post for more detail on these sunglasses')


LOOK 3: Brandy in Brooklyn

Believe it or not, this was actually the coldest day of the trip and yet I am dressed more appropriate for Autumn rather than Winter! This may seem a little odd, but I could NOT wait to wear my new shearling jacket I had purchased from Brandy Melville in Soho on the previous day. (You will be able to read all about this jacket in my 'New York Minutes: What I bought' post which will be up in a few days!)
With this look, I opted for a casual minimalist style again however, to add a touch of pattern; I paired the jacket with some patent tortoise shell boots from TopShop. I LOVE these boots because they just bring that extra life to an outfit in a minimalistic, stylish way. Tortoise shell is a classic pattern that you can always get away with and will probably still be in fashion in ten year's time.


 
 
Jacket: Brandy Melville
Jeans: H&M
Boots: TopShop
Sunglasses: Festival Specs

LOOK 4: Central Park Shimmer

So this was our last day in New York City and what better way to spend it than strolling around Central Park. As you can probably tell this was one of the warmer days of the trip suggested by my sunglasses and thinner top. The top I am wearing is not actually even a top but a bodycon dress from TopShop! Unbelievable right? The dress can easily be pulled off as a top if you tuck it in well! Two outfits in one really. I like the pattern of this top as it provides a vibrant glimmer due to the mixture of sparkly red, silver and gold tones which are caught when you're standing underneath the perfect light. However, that's not to say that this garment is not still eye catching regardless of where you are, daytime or evening!







Coat: Primark
Top/Dress: TopShop
Jeans: H&M
Boots: TopShop

Thanks for reading! Keep an out for more of my outfits which will be on the way!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KATE FERGUSON. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig