Saturday 10 October 2015

"Life's face is the skull"

For my third post, I wanted to share something I am deeply interested in, home and interior décor. Although I am a fashion student, I still have a strong passion for unique and out of the ordinary pieces of furniture and home accessories, which I briefly mentioned in my first post. However, these days the fashion world has plummeted so far into different areas of market and design, you could say that interior design holds a very important role within today's fashion industry, just as much as it holds a huge role over my life and mostly over my bank balance!
  Anyway, back to the subject of my post. I have deliberately photographed this weird yet funky little candle I bought around Christmas time from a stall on the outskirts of Camden Market, London. The skull gives off such an eerie vibe as it sits on my bedroom dressing table, whilst also channelling a sense of creativity through the texture and structure. Therefore, revamping the image of candles. In my opinion I love this bizarre little quirky piece! I had never seen anything like it before but from studying art throughout school and college I had always found the skeletal structure and Gothic pieces quite intriguing. Therefore, I knew I had to have one of these in my room at home.
  Also, I thought by buying the pastel pink version it decreased the morbidity of having such a life-like skull watching me as I did my morning make-up.



This is a photograph I also took at the stall when I bought my candle. As you can tell they are all amazingly handmade and the detail which has gone into making each one of them is immense. It was so hard to choose between the colours!



I also purchased my rose gold pocket watch from Camden Market and I bought the Palmistry hand in a vintage shop on Portobello Road, London.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KATE FERGUSON. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig