Wednesday 18 October 2017

Moving into my third and final year....

Hi everyone! So as expected I'm about to go into my next year of university this month which is also the scariest year yet as it will be sadly, my final year at Nottingham Trent! :( Even though I can honestly say I am terrified about the thought of having to write my dissertation this year, there is also a lot of other exciting things which I will be getting involved in! Therefore, after a few swift decisions in the past week, I thought I would share with you what I will be getting up to for the upcoming months!

So as part of third year Fashion Communication and Promotion at NTU, we take part in an exciting live project with a brand that the university has connected with. Initially we were all given a choice of six brands to work alongside with this year; the brands being...Speedo, L'Oreal, Anya Hindmarch, Stack Magazine, Boots and Levi's. It truly is crazy how lucky we have been as a course to secure such amazing brands like the ones just listed, but sadly we were only able to choose one! Therefore, working in a group of three, my group decided to go for the live project working with LEVI'S!

Not only do I love the brand Levis, but throughout my interest in fashion, I have always been deeply passionate about how brands can contribute to a persons identity throughout their life and how they can also be strongly linked to the birth and rebirth of subcultures. Throughout the world of fashion, I find Levi's to be one of the key innovators behind the concept of influencing individuals style and images, so I could not think of a better brand to fit with my own personal interests. Therefore, I can't wait to be able to enrich myself with the history of such an iconic and influential brand, which has inspired the identities of many British and American cultures and tribes for many decades!

Moving onto the actual brief we have been given by the brand, Levi's have set us the task of marketing the brand to Generation Z through experiential communication tools. Generation Z being from the age of 17-22, it is really important that we create something both engaging and of course, instagramable! Therefore, the options of what we could possibly do with our creativity is endless. From video campaigns to events, we really are able to test ourselves as both professionals and fashion students with this project and I am undoubtably so excited to see what my group manage to pull off!

Anyway, I shall be posting the journey of our project throughout the next few month so keep an eye out to find out what my team will be creating for Levi's!!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KATE FERGUSON. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig