Friday 14 October 2016

The life of an Intern

Since the beginning of June this year, just after my final hand in for Fashion Communication and Promotion, across the span of three months, I interned in the editorial department of Jules B; an E-Commerce designer brand in the heart of Newcastle. During my internship I gained an array of invaluable skills within areas such as editorial, styling, web sales and buying and merchandising. Not only did the internship provide me with a clearer vision of a real workplace in the fashion industry, but it also allowed me to become a lot more confident within my style of writing, get into a routine of constantly monitoring cultural and fashionable affairs through weekly blogging for the brand and become comfortable with editing the website through visual communication software.

Furthermore, the internship also allowed me to exude my own creative flare through taking part in photoshoots and styling jobs which I believe is extremely beneficial when it comes to the execution part of future projects that I will be taking part in during my second year of university.

Lastly, through working in a high end brand throughout the Spring/Summer season, this also allowed me to gain a more in-depth understanding of how different brands position themselves within the market against competitors, how brands promote seasonal trends and a key understanding of a brand’s consumer and how to maintain their loyalty. Finally, by working within an industry with a variety of viewpoints and attitudes towards fashion, this encouraged me to confidently express my own outlook and aesthetic as a fashion communicator and change my perspective on the creative industry by taking more inspiration from lifestyles, designs and culture which I will be able to utilise within my future studies during my second year of university.

Although this has been quite an in-depth blog post about my roles during my summer internship, thank you for reading and I hope this has encouraged you also to look into gaining experience within the future!!

Kate x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KATE FERGUSON. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig